Daily Polichicks - Thursday
Obama ups our military presence in Afghanistan, but Pakistan ain't happy about it; The White House gets a frugal but fashionable holiday makeover; and Tiger Woods and his harem join the trainwreck ranks of John Edwards, Mark Sanford, and Jon Gosselin.
But that's not all. There's more in your Daily Polichicks:
* Pakistan isn't too crazy about Obama's new Afghanistan plan. Pakistan fears that a U.S. troop buildup in Afghanistan will lead to the presence of more Afghan guerrilla fighters and terrorist attacks in Pakistan. They also think that the problems in Afghanistan are America's fault.
* Simon Doonan, Creative Director of Barneys New York, is playing frugal fashionista at the White House. He's using recycled ornaments to help decorate the White House for the holidays.
* White House Social Secretary Desiree Rogers won't testify before Congress about the party crashing crisis. The White House is playing the "she's our peeps" card. "I think you know that, based on separation of powers, staff here don't go to testify in front of Congress,''explained White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.
* Now this is hilarious. White House party crasher, Michaele Salahi, also crashed the Redskins Alumni Cheerleader Squad. She is a dues paying member and performs with the squad, but - get this - was never a Redskins cheerleader.
* DC sportswriter Michael Wilbon says Tiger may not be best husband in the world, but he's not the first great athlete to get a little sumpin' sumpin' on the side either.
* It's holiday party time! Here's how to know if you are being effing boring at an otherwise festive shindig.
* The battle of the bulge is hard to win indeed - even if you are Jared The Subway Guy.
That's all for now. Have a great day everybody!
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Daily Polichicks - Thursday.
TrackBack URL for this entry: